Q-Q plot is a graphic method to test whether or not a dataset follows a given distribution. In a Q-Q plot, observed values on X axis and expected values on Y axis are shown. If all the scatter points are close to the reference line, we can conclude that the dataset follows the given distribution.
Minimum Origin Version Required: Origin 8.1 SR0
What you will learn
- How to create a normal Q-Q plot
- How to change the color and shape of the symbol
- How to change the color of the line
This tutorial is associated with the Statistical and Specialized Graphs project:\Samples\Statistical and Specialized Graphs.opj. (If you don't have the OPJ, you can also download the data from here)
- Open the Statistical and Specialized Graphs project, open the folder Statistical and Specialized Graphs: Statistical: Probability, QQ Plot in the Project Explorer. Activate worksheet Q-Q Plot Data, highlight column A and right-click to select Set As: Y from the context menu.
- Add a long name to this column, say Normal Random Values.
- Highlight this column and select Plot: Statistics: Q-Q Plot from the Origin main menu to open the plot_prob dialog. In this dialog, change Score Method to Benard.
- Click the OK button to create a normal Q-Q plot with column A.